Friday, September 23, 2011

A Writer's Block

 For years and years, my best friends were my pen and pad. I'd pick up my pen and before i knew it, a whole paragraph would be composed. It always felt that my pen and pad were the only two friends who spent hours and hours sharing my thoughts without complaining or shouting at me or even letting me down. I LOVE my pen and pad!


There is no doubt that they will always remain to be the most silent, yet the least discouraging friends to us all throughout thick and thin despite the fact that ink may run out in the middle of a sentence. Paper may tear if we snatch it too hard when we are in a hurry to jot down a creative idea before it slips our mind. But overall, nothing compares to the joy of the birth of a new inspiring thought without all the distractions of this noisy, rapidly- moving world where not so many people appreciate the art of writing.
    
The funny thing about writing is that somtimes the best ideas strike us unexpectedly and if we don't write them down instantly, they VANISH!!! I still remember that day when I was on my way to work. I was sipping my coffee in the car, in the front passenger seat next to my dad, enjoying the early morning sunshine and the greenery that spread along side the road. I am a nature-lover by the way. Right then and there one of my most amazing lines of poetry raced to my mind and landed on my pad shore!

Ever since I was a little girl I've had the flair for writing articles and stories, but lately I have not been able to write. I guess I am having  what they call "The Writer's Block". Everytime I sit down at my desk or walk around trying to get back to writing, I just can't! I have so many thoughts and feelings I want to share, but I just don't seems to be able to anymore... and I wonder...I wonder if life's ups and downs that used to be my  inspiration and motivation to write in the past have ceased to be so. I wonder if the so many let downs I have been through in both my personal and professional life have contributed to killing my thoughts and paralyzing my pen?

It is so frustrating to not being able to write, but this morning I gathered my strength and made a deal   with ym pen and pad to START writing again! I flipped through my pad blank pages...I picked up my pen and... guess what ? Hmmm, C'mon think ! ...YEP!!! you got it right, I started writing again! I wrote what  you are reading NOW! Yaaaaaaay!! I finally did it after a long time of not writing. But this time I have decided to share my thoughts with the whole world here on this blog of mine that I have recently made instead of keeping my pieces of writing burried in an old pad inside a drawer.

Who says we can't get over " writer's block" ? We can beat anything in this life with strong will, killer instinct, real commitment, and true ambition to achieve our goals and, sure enough, we WILL get there someday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment